Description

Description

A new teaching block, library, open access PC suite, two large lecture theatres and a cafeteria have been linked in to an existing 19th Century building.

The 200 seat lecture theatre is a distinctive, titanium-clad egg-shape.

The library is situated on the lower floor of the link building between the new teaching block and the original building and is open in aspect, being overlooked from the floor above which is the main flow route of the building.

Awards

-

The Building

The Building

Type of library

-

Size

1500 m2

Floors

1

Architect

Building Design Partnership

Building contractor

-

The Space

The Space

Features and services

Special services

Cafe/refreshment areas, Teaching rooms

External features

-

Internal features

-

Energy efficiency

-

Accessibility provision

-

Interior designer

-

Furniture suppliers

-

Services and facilities suppliers

-

IT provision

Public access terminals

Seats/study places

170

Stock

-