- Better by design
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons
- City of Bristol College
- David Wilson Library
- Epping Forest College
- John Rylands Library
- Laidlaw Library, University of Leeds
- Royal College of Nursing
- St Mary's University Naylor Library
- St Patrick's College, Dublin
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Coventry
- University of West London
- Public libraries & archives
- School libraries
- Academic libraries
- Insights in library design
- The Architect's Archive
- Video gallery
University of Bedfordshire Library
The University of Bedfordshire recently invested £46m in a new state-of-the-art library at its Luton campus.
Thedesignconcept was appointed principal furniture supplier for the project which incorporated 7,400 sq metres of space over 9 levels.
Working closely with the University’s project team & MCW Architects, thedesignconcept successfully installed a diverse range of furniture throughout the building which included:
- Group and Quiet Study Booths
- State-of-the Art IT and AV furniture
- Contemporary Soft Seating with integrated technology
- Colour coded desk-top power outlets
- Meeting Areas
Thedesignconcept introduced many furniture solutions to the University Library. Over 9 floors a vast number of study booths and pods were installed, suitable for individual, small and large group study sessions. Colourful soft seating encourages students to make themselves comfortable and creates a relaxing atmosphere.
The study booths give the space a modern feel, injecting an array of colours to the entire space.