The library is partly contained with the former home of the Dillon family, built around 1820, which had deteriorated to the point of dereliction when a joint venture between Roscommon County Council and the Office of Public Works resulted in a major transformation and extension.
Much of the original detail was reused or replicated.
The entrance porch is common to both the library and the Western Development Commission Offices.
The library has full access for users with disability.
Type of library
Small community library
Features and services
Specialist subject collections
Access to building, Access within building
Services and facilities suppliers
Number of public computer terminals: 3