Objectives of the IFLA Green Library Award are
- To reward the best Green Library submission that communicates the library’s commitment to environmental sustainability.
- To create awareness of libraries’ social responsibility and leadership in environmental education. Libraries of all types are encouraged to participate.
- To support the worldwide Green Library movement, concerned with environmentally sustainable buildings, environmentally sustainable information resources and programming, conservation of resources and energy.
- To promote the development of Green Libraries initiatives locally and worldwide.
- To encourage Green Libraries to actively present their activities to an international audience.
The deadline for applications is 1 April 2016.