- The new libraries of Europe
- Black shelving for 'raw' University of Greenwich library
- Funky, bright and imaginative.
- Refurbishment for Abingdon Campus
- Designing the National Library of Israel
- Self-service hits the streets of Portsmouth
- New mobile and static shelving for Institute library
- Modernism prize for restored Alvar Aalto library
- Inspiring the school library
- Fresh layout for Lincoln College
- Child's play at the Pinch
- Library and media centre for South Shields
- Libraries are always in the news
- A library of things
- Peters in the Caribbean
- Inside Calgary's new Central Library
- Public Library of the Year Award
- Why didn't anyone tell me?
- Library futures and trends
- The rise of the bookless library
- Designing a library for changing needs
- Building of Cambridge University Library in pictures
- New home for Black Cultural Archives
- Regeneration project for Lancaster University Library
- 20 years of innovation in library design
- 20,000 metres of shelving for new library
- Primary school library design for beginners
- Libraries at a tipping point
- The new learning commons
- Library design - what do you think?
- Wayfinding in Vancouver
- Be Inspired! SLA Inspiration Award shortlist announced
- The sustainable library
- What does it mean to build a library in Iraq?
- Two tier high capacity mobile shelving
- School library is a star
- Next generation learning commons
- Redesigned Exeter Central Library opens
- Borrow a robot
- A vision for the University of Birmingham
- New framework for Welsh Public Library Standards
- Library Interior Design Awards 2014
- Lenny Henry opens Dudley's new archives
- The state of America's libraries
- Eye-popping library for Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Further funding for Welsh libraries
2014 News Archive
- Hunt Library wins top design award
- Glass end-panel shelving for medical library
- Manchester Central Library reopens
- So much has changed in libraries...
- Shipping container solution for library
- The Murray Library refurbishment
- New East Ham library opens
- Inspired library design
- Library and bookshop combined in Mexico City
- Design and build contract for Luton campus library
- New £12m Marylebone library approved
- Static and mobile shelving for Brynmor Jones Library
- Tender issued for Welsh LMS
- Library and Heritage Centre will be a landmark
- Open all hours
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- 2011 News Archive
- 2010 News Archive
Glass end-panel shelving for medical library
Ecospace's innovative idea for replacing older wooden shelving was well-received by the Royal Free Hospital.
28 March 2014
The Ecospace proposal of shelving stacks fitted at one end with glass panels painted in aubergine combined with cream shelves in order to match the décor of the main reading area was the one that the library decided best suited their requirements.
In addition to supplying and installing the shelving, which has perforated steel end panels at the other end of the book stacks, Ecospace also provided special housings to accommodate uplighters which were fitted by the hospital to the top of the shelving stacks after they were installed.
As well as the library at the Royal Free, where Ecospace had previously installed mobile shelving some five years ago, the company has also recently carried out contracts for mobile shelving in London at the Royal Albert Hall and the new Headquarters of Ballet Rambert. At the Ballet Rambert the shelving has been fitted not only with shelves but with drawers, filing frames and clothes-hanging facilities to create a comprehensive archiving capability.
- This page can be found in the following news feeds:
- Designing Libraries