- Regeneration project for Lancaster University Library
- 20 years of innovation in library design
- 20,000 metres of shelving for new library
- Primary school library design for beginners
- Libraries at a tipping point
- The new learning commons
- Library design - what do you think?
- Wayfinding in Vancouver
- Be Inspired! SLA Inspiration Award shortlist announced
- The sustainable library
- What does it mean to be building a library in Iraq?
- Two tier high capacity mobile shelving
- School library is a star
- Next generation learning commons
- Redesigned Exeter Central Library opens
- Borrow a robot
- A vision for the University of Birmingham
- New framework for Welsh Public Library Standards
- Library Interior Design Awards 2014
- Lenny Henry opens Dudley's new archives
- The state of America's libraries
- Eye-popping library for Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Further funding for Welsh libraries
- Hunt Library wins top design award
- Glass end-panel shelving for medical library
- Manchester Central Library reopens
- So much has changed in libraries...
- Shipping container solution for library
- The Murray Library refurbishment
- New East Ham library opens
- Inspired library design
- Library and bookshop combined in Mexico City
- Design and build contract for Luton campus library
- New £12m Marylebone library approved
- Static and mobile shelving for Brynmor Jones Library
- Tender issued for Welsh LMS
- Library and Heritage Centre will be a landmark
- Open all hours
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- 2011 News Archive
- 2010 News Archive
Inspired library design
The School Library Association has announced the launch of the rebranded Inspiration Award for school library design for 2014.
The Library Design Award has been running successfully since 2010, and this year it is relaunching as the SLA School Library Inspiration Award, with Gresswell and LFC (part of the DEMCO Europe family of companies) as main sponsors.
The Inspiration Award aims to set future standards for the recognition of excellence in school library design.
The Award will be made annually to the school library space that shows inspiration, innovation, creativity and resourcefulness in its library design and in use, either through creative use of specific products or promotions. What matters is not how big the school library space is, but what it has achieved with the available resources and the challenges it faces.
The winning entries will have the opportunity to spend a substantial sum on products for their library from Gresswell and LFC. Prizes will be awarded in both Primary (LFC sponsored) and Secondary (Gresswell sponsored) sectors. The winner will be announced at a high profile School Libraries Celebration Day ceremony on Monday 6 October 2014 at Hotel Russell, London.
Nominations are open until the end of April.
- This page can be found in the following news feeds:
- Designing Libraries