- About libraries
- Related design sites
- Resources for library design
- Reimagining the library
- Essential Design Guidelines
- Free graphic designs
Reimagining the library
Original articles and features on library design trends and library service design, commissioned by Designing Libraries.
Idea Store, Tower Hamlets. Copyright Bisset Adams
- Dokk1: Impressions of an impressive library
- Denmark’s Dokk1 is helping to redefine the concept of ‘library’ as an urban, cultural, creative, community space.
- Designing beautiful data
- As BDS celebrates 21 years originating and supplying library data, John Hudson looks back on how much has changed, and how the design and presentation of data is now an integral part of the user journey of discovery.
- Designing college libraries for Generation Z
- Generation Z students are ‘the first tribe of true digital natives’ or ‘screengagers’, demanding more from the library space than their predecessors.
- A social hub of information, technology and services
- A profile of the new learning centre at the University of Leuven illustrates how architectural spaces are being repurposed for effective learning.
- The Library of Birmingham: engaging the community
- The new Library of Birmingham will have a huge impact on the people of Birmingham and the region. It was important to engage the community at every stage.
- Rethinking libraries in Surrey
- Two new library refurbishment projects in Surrey have allowed the library service to introduce new ideas and new ways of working, writes Katie Kinnear.
- Idea Stores: the next generation
- The Idea Store concept pioneered in Tower Hamlets is now ten years old. What lessons have been learned - and what still remains to be learned?
Subscribe to the newsletter
New Library News is the free e-newsletter of Designing Libraries.
Stay in touch with new library projects, initiatives and products.