Image

Image

Exterior view

Description

Description

The flagship library of Roscommon County Council, nothing was spared in its planning and implementation.

A community landmark, the original building dates from 1783, when it functioned as an infirmary. The refurbishment meant that the entire building was gutted, retaining the original shell. New internal floors were build.

Awards

-

The Building

The Building

Type of library

Multi-purpose building

Size

1616 m2

Floors

-

Architect

Internal

Building contractor

-

The Space

The Space

Features and services

Special services

-

External features

Nature of site, Shared building

Internal features

Structural

Energy efficiency

-

Accessibility provision

Access to building, Access within building

Interior designer

-

Furniture suppliers

Crannac

Services and facilities suppliers

-

IT provision

-

Seats/study places

10

Stock

-